Moonraker Motorcycles are not a lender. All finance is subject to status and availability, and must be a UK citizen aged 18 and over.
All finance applciations are submitted by FCA (Finance Conduct Authority) approved staff.
Hire Purchase (HP)
As quoted from Black Horse's website
Black Horse Hire Purchase could help you buy the motorcycle you want while spreading the cost. Agree an initial deposit, the agreement term and the monthly repayment amount with the dealer, who will submit the finance application to us and, subject to your application being approved; you can just ride the motorcycle away. After all the repayments including the interest have been made, it’s all yours.
HOW IT WORKS
• Borrow any amount from £400 and set repayments to suit your budget for a period of 1–5 years
• Get finance on used motorcycles up to 14 years old at the end of the agreement
• No minimum deposit and subject to status
WHAT YOU WILL PAY
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• You want to own the motorcycle outright
• You want fixed, regular repayments
The choice is yours
• Choose any new or used motorcycle up to 14 years old at the end of the agreement
Budget with confidence
• Protection under the Consumer Credit Act Termination Rights and Protection under the Consumer Rights Act
Things to consider
• Your motorcycle is at risk of repossession if you do not maintain contractual repayments
• You have no protection against depreciation as a result of an unexpected fall in the value of the motorcycle
• You do not own the motorcycle until all the repayments have been made
Personal Contract Purchase (PCP)
Personal Contract Purchase allows you to keep your monthly repayments lower by deferring a significant proportion of the amount of credit to the final repayment at the end of the agreement. Agree an initial deposit, how many miles you are likely to ride each year and how long you want the agreement to run for and the dealer will then calculate the Guaranteed Future Value (GFV) of your motorcycle to confirm your monthly repayment. The dealer will submit the finance application to us and, subject to your application being approved; you can just ride your motorcycle away.
HOW IT WORKS
• Borrow any amount from £1,000 and set repayments to suit your budget for terms of 2–4 years
• Get finance on new and used motorcycles up to 5 years old at the end of the agreement
• No deposit required
• Agree on annual mileage at up to 24,000 miles a year. Your annual mileage will affect your monthly repayments and Guaranteed Future Value. For used vehicles the maximum permitted vehicle mileage at the start of the agreement is 3,000 miles per month of age or 60,000 miles
The options at the end of the agreement are:
1) Part exchange the motorcycle subject to settlement of your existing finance agreement; new finance agreements are subject to status or
2) Return the motorcycle and not pay the final lump sum repayment. If the motorcycle is in good condition and has not exceeded the agreed maximum mileage you will have nothing further to pay. Further information on what is considered good condition can be found at blackhorse.co.uk/bikeconditionguide. If the motorcycle has exceeded the agreed maximum mileage a charge for excess mileage will apply or
3) Pay the Final Lump Sum Repayment to own the motorcycle.
WHAT YOU WILL PAY
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• You like to keep your options open.
• You want fixed, regular repayments.
• Ride a better motorcycle by deferring part of the credit to the end, you keep your repayments lower and can finance a newer, higher specification motorcycle.
• Set repayment periods from two to four years, then take the best option for you when you reach the end of the agreement.
• Protection against depreciation as a result of an unexpected fall in the value of the motorcycle when you exercise the ‘Goods Return’ option (when you hand the motorcycle back).
• Protection under the Consumer Credit Act Termination Rights and Protection under the Consumer Rights Act.
Things to consider
• You do not own the motorcycle until the final repayment including interest has been made
• A significant proportion of the credit is deferred until the end of the contract so you should prepare for this
• Your motorcycle is at risk of for this repossession if you do not maintain contractual repayments
Simple bike and motorbike finance
As quoted from First Response Finance's website
We have been providing motorbike finance to UK customers since 2004, which makes us one of the longest standing and most experienced companies in the UK.
Our motorbike finance process is simple and efficient; apply online by providing personal, address, and vehicle details. The bike you choose can be from any motorbike dealer in the UK who has FCA permissions (this means they're legally allowed to sell finance).
Hire Purchase agreement
When you get a motorbike on finance with us the agreement is called a Hire Purchase. Hire Purchase is one of the most common ways of financing a motorbike in the UK and consists of spreading the costs with monthly payments for an agreed period of time.
Minimum 21 years of age
Minimum 125cc motorbike
Petrol maximum mileage of 120,000
You are a UK resident
£2,000 - £10,000 lend
(up to £15,000 in certain circumstances)
18 - 60 month agreement
(majority are 24-36 months)
Deposits are not required
CBT licenses considered
What motorbikes do we finance?
We will finance almost any motorbike from a 125cc KTM Duke to a 1198cc Ducati Diavel.
In the past we have financed motorbikes from a range of bike manufacturers including: Triumph, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, AJS, Harley Davidson and Suzuki.
You also have the finance option of newer bike manufacturers, for example Hyosung and Sym. If you have a question regarding finance on newer motorbikes then just ask, we will always do our best to get you on the motorbike of your choice.
We have worked hard over the years to try and make our motorbike finance application as simple as possible. Below is an idea of how your application will be processed – as your application is subject to status you may not reach all of the steps below.
We send you a text and/or email asking for the perfect time to call you
We’ll call you when requested and have a 10-15 minute chat
We will give you a rough quote to give you an idea of costs and what we can lend you
You find your dream bike and give us the details
We do a full quote – this will be a true figure based on the bike you have chosen
We send the documents to you/the dealer so you can read and sign them
We receive the documents back, send the money to the dealer & you can ride away!
Please note, all of this can be done within 1 day (subject to individual circumstances)
We are able to finance customers who only have a CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) licence to purchase a motorbike on finance. The motorbike you wish to finance must be at least 125cc.
Hire Purchase Pros & Cons
Simple to arrange
Fixed monthly repayments
Fixed interest rates
Flexible term lengths 18-60 months
Vehicle belongs to you after final payment
Deposits not required
No annual mileage restrictions
You are protected under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
The vehicle is at risk of repossession if you do not keep up repayments
You do not own the vehicle until your final payment
Hire Purchase is not suitable if you plan on paying off your motorbike finance within 6 months
Finance is subject to status and not guaranteed
We believe all customers should be happy with the motorbike they have chosen and all details of their motorbike finance before they sign the documents. If necessary we will always encourage customers to seek independent advice on finance, debt or dealing with money
The below link will take you to an independent government website which will educate and inform you about your options of a finance agreement.